Avicenna Library & Learning Resource Center supports the learning, teaching, research, and clinical activities of RCSI Bahrain.
Our experienced team of health information professionals provides advice and services ranging from expert search and retrieval, information and digital literacy skills development, research data management, bibliometric profiling, open-access publishing, and onsite and online services.
Policies & Procedures:
1. All registered students and staff have a membership to the Library.
2. ID card is required for access to facilities and services.
3. Food is not allowed in any area of the Library. Bottled water and beverages in tightly sealed mugs are allowed. Drinks in open cups, foam or paper cups, cups with plastic lids, and soda cans are prohibited within the library space.
4. Library is a quiet learning environment, and all users must be mindful of other learners. Library furniture has been situated to provide the best possible seating for students. Please do not move chairs or tables.
5. Visitors cannot use the space unless they are given prior permission.
Copyright and Licensing Restrictions
Remember that you must not copy or print multiple copies of published materials (i.e. books, journals, websites etc.) beyond what is permitted. Users must conform to the University’s contractual obligation and to the Bahraini Law on copyright.
Borrowing services are available to RCSI Bahrain students and staff.
The Library’s comprehensive online collections are complemented by print collections. Students and staff have access to a wider range of key textbooks (print and online), journals (print and online), and databases to support learning, teaching, and research.
|Undergraduate Students||13 Items||2 Weeks|
|Postgraduate Students||5 Items||4 Weeks|
|Staff Members||5 Items||4 Weeks|
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the library has closed the book stacks, and access is restricted to library staff. All loan requests can be made through the Click & Collect services. It may take up to 48 hours to process your requests depending on the volume of requests or availability of items.
Books can be returned in the return boxes left outside the Library. Books will be quarantined for 72 hours before they are returned to the system and reshelved.
Library fines can be avoided by all users by returning or renewing items prior to the due date.
You are responsible for a book borrowed in your name until it has been returned to the Library and the loan record has been canceled. Replacement charges will apply for lost, damaged, or defaced items. Lost books should be reported immediately to the Library team. Replacement charges are based on the value of the item lost.