Welcome to the new 'Find a Seat' service.
This online service allows registered members to reserve rooms for study in the Library.
Red Zone and Green Zone:
Users can book study rooms for up to 2 hours in the two Zones.
How to make a booking:
Reminder: The library is a quiet learning environment, and all users must be mindful of other learners. Library furniture has been situated to provide the best possible seating for students. Please do not move chairs or tables.
1) Click the link https://lrcroombookings.rcsi-mub.com/ to access the room reservation system.
2) Choose the Zone in which you'd like to make a reservation: Green or Red
3) Choose the category/type of space you need.
3) Click the blue "Info" button to get more information on the type of seat.
4) To reserve a room, click on the start time you require. Green spaces indicate vacancy, and Red spaces indicate that the space is occupied.
5) Your selected time will appear at the bottom of the grid with a default end time of two hours later. Use the drop-down menu to change the end time to an earlier time. Two hours is the maximum reservation time. Your selected time shows in the grid in yellow.
6) Click "Submit Times."
7) On the "Booking Details" page, click "Continue" to accept the library reservation policies.
8) On the next page, click "Submit my Booking."
9) A confirmation screen will appear and you will receive an email with the same information. Once your reservation is approved, you will receive an email with a three-digit code. The three-digit code is required to check into your seat or scan the QR code attached to the seat to check in.
When you are in your reserved room- scan the QR code or use the 3-digit code to check-in. QR codes are posted on the doors of each room.
When you are ready to leave, you must scan again to check out of your seat.
Study seat reservations and access to the library is limited to students, faculty, and staff who are authorized to be on campus .
Due to social distancing guidelines, only single seat reservations are available. No group space can be reserved in the library.
Spaces are available for groups who have timetabled hours and for those on campus.