Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the new Click & Collect service
This service is setup to facilitate online borrowing and return of print resources from the Library collection.
How Click & Collect works?
Students and Staff are able to reserve up to 5 books from the main library collection. Since the book stacks have restricted access – borrowers can log on to the Online Library Catalogue using your RCSI email ID and password to select titles for loan. Library staff will retrieve items from main collection if available and will have it ready for collection at the new collection point. An email notification will be sent to requestors once items are ready for collection.
The collection point will be operate between 11am and 3pm (Sunday to Thursday).
- Reserve up to 5 books using our library online catalogue.
- Log in to Heritage. Reader code is your RCSI email ID in full and password is your network password. (rcsi-mub.com OR rcsi.com)
- Library staff will retrieve book(s) from the book stacks to issue them to your library account
- You will receive an email notification to your RCSI email address when your books are ready for collection. The email will include a collection date and order number. Please be advised that it may take us a few days to process your request.
- Issued books will be held for 3 days following notification. If your books are not collected within 3 days items will be reshelved.
- The collection point is located at the reception of the Library and is open 11am to 3pm, Sunday to Thursday
- When you visit the collection point you must social distancing regulations while waiting to collect your items.
- When you reach the collection point you must show your ID and show staff member of your collection number.
- Your books will then be placed on the trolley for you to pick up.
A number of safety measures are in place:
- Socially distanced collection point
- Book stacks are restricted only for staff to access. Students will not be allowed to browse the shelves.
- Returned books will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before they are returned to the shelves to ensure infection control
- Staff have been trained to follow safety rules.
- Users will receive a ready to collect email when reserved items are ready for collection. All items will be held for 3 days and if items are not collected they will be shelved. Your items will not be touched during this period by staff. Whilst staff have taken every precaution to minimise contact with books, if you want to build in an extra quarantine period, you could collect 72 hours after receiving your notification to ensure the only person to touch your book before you will be the member of staff at the collection point
Ask Me, Helping you is my priority