You can customize My NCBI to access links to full-text articles directly from your PubMed email alerts. When saving searches in My NCBI you need to be sure to choose the abstract format . Set your PubMed preferences.
1. Sign in to My NCBI.
2. Select the "NCBI Site Preferences" link and scroll down to "PubMed Preferences."
Web of Science allows you to create an account, which allows you to customize your Web of Science experience. You have the option to save a search with an alert or without.
1. You can register for an account under the "Searches and alerts" tab.
2. Once you run a search, you will find the search alert option to the left of your results.
3. Click on the Create Alert link to save your search or set an alert.
4. Fill in the requested information on the popup form. Be sure to check the email alert box if you'd like to receive emails regarding updates to your search results.