EndNote can locate the full text PDF article for some of the references you have added to your library.
EndNote uses several methods to search for full text publications, including a DOI and Web of Science Core Collection full text links. To optimise results ensure your EndNote preferences are set as detailed below and use Library's online resources gateway.
If you set up your preferences in EndNote as outlined both the Open URL and Find Full Text functions in EndNote will be enabled.
1. Select Edit > Preferences
2. In the left column list select Find Full Text
3. In the right column, select the four check boxes: Web of Science Full Text LInks, DOI, Pub Med LinkOut and OpenURL
4. In the Open URL Path text box enter: ------------------------
5. In the Authenticate with text box enter: ------------------------------
6. In the left column select URLs and Links
7. In the right column leave the Connection Log section as is
8. In the ISI Base URL text box enter:
9. In the OpenURL Arguments text box change the first part of the text from “?sid=ISI:WoS” (without quotes) to “?sid=ISI:endnote” (without quotes).
10. Select Apply and then OK to save your preferences.
When using either the Find Full Text or OpenURL Link options you will initially be asked to enter your login credentials. Once you have logged in you will see a database list. Do not click on any of the databases but instead on the Continue button in the bottom left corner of the popup window.
1. Select the records in your EndNote library for which you want to find the journal article.
2. Select References > Find Full Text > Find Full Text from the main menu, or click the Find Full Text icon (indicated by red circle). If an Authenticate window appears, enter your Username and Password.
3. EndNote searches for the full text. When finished it displays of summary of PDFs found under FIND FULL TEXT on the left. A paperclip icon appears in the file attachments field for the corresponding references where a PDF has been attached.
To attach files stored locally to a reference, first click on the reference. Then click on Attach File button located in the Summary tab on the right of the screen.
Once the file is attached, the file will appear in the Summary tab for the reference. You can read and annotate the file by clicking the file and selecting an option from the menu.
EndNote reference managment software, Clarivate Analytics, Version 20, 2020.
If you are using EndNote Online in addition to EndNote desktop, any PDF or other documents that you add to a reference will be synchronised to your online account so that you can access them from anywhere.